Blok Party is looking for people with both the technical skills and creative mindset to help us form the future of 'play' on our unique platform. This Senior Android Engineer position will focus on developing android apps with great UI/UX, interfacing with our back end server-side applications and database, and AOSP build and customization.
You're A Great Fit If..
What We Offer
At Instacart, our Mobile Engineers are working to delight our customers and empower our shoppers. We’re building robust, well-architected apps to simplify the complex process of getting our customer’s orders from the store to their door in an hour or less.
Our team is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join us to build the mobile apps at the core of Instacart’s business. On the customer side, our Mobile Engineers are tasked with building a flexible and intuitive app for all of our customers—from the technologically savvy to those who just got their first device. On the Enterprise side, our Mobile Engineers are developing white-label solutions that let Retailers build and maintain their own digital storefronts on the Instacart platform.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a member of the Enterprise Mobile team, you will:
About The Job
Hinge is looking for an Android Engineer to join our mobile engineering team. Your primary goals are to work with your team to grow into an independent, capable, and confident Android developer, and to improve the quality of the Hinge Android app
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
OkCupid is looking to hire a Software Engineer II on our Android team!
If you’re an experienced Android Engineer and you like the idea of being a key
contributor on an app used by millions of people, read on.
What’s it like being an Android Engineer at OkCupid?
We’re a small, tight-knit Mobile Development team that manages all aspects of OkCupid’s Android app. Every person we hire is given a lot of responsibility and a lot of power; your opinion can be a big part of what we do and how we do it. OkCupid is an engineering focused company. We are a group of developers that gets a big sense of satisfaction from helping millions of people find love. If that’s the kind of thing that appeals to you, you’re probably a good fit for OkCupid.
We’re seeking someone who has:
• 2+ years of professional experience working with key technologies for the Android platform.
• Fluency in Kotlin (the language we use) and/or Java (the language we used to use)
• Experience designing robust, extensible, and testable mobile application code and frameworks
• Experience consuming and designing REST APIs and/or experience with GraphQL Queries
• Strong UI development skills (complex view trees, animations, rendering and strong knowledge of the Android UI kit)
Some cool things about our team:
• We are all in on Kotlin (and have been for 2 years)
• We use MVVM with lots of Rx
• We use and are passionate about Android Architecture Components
• We write unit tests for all of our code and use CI to automate them
• We are a single Activity app
• We are passionate about building a great user experience and a clean codebase. We write tech designs for all of our major features and are deeply enthusiastic about knowledge sharing
• We’re transitioning to GraphQL
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks & drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service with over 193 million paid accounts and many more users in 190+ countries. It's an exciting time to be working on Android at Netflix. Our members in international markets already outnumber our domestic subscribers by a significant margin and we’re only getting started! The Android team sits at the intersection of this accelerated global growth, compounded with an ever increasing use of mobile devices for streaming content. We love every minute of the complex engineering, product and operational concerns that come with operating at this scale.
We proudly ship the Netflix app on Android to millions around the world. Our team is responsible for creating a personalized member experience through extensive A/B testing on a wide variety of devices by building highly performant and custom experiences. We work on data driven optimizations in a diverse and sometimes unforgiving device and network ecosystem. We also create foundational client infrastructure used as building blocks for A/B tests. We tie it all together with sophisticated testing and automation tools designed to support our high performance, fast paced culture of experimentation, autonomy and ownership.
We're looking for help in scaling Android engineering at Netflix. You will lead a team of experienced senior engineers building mission critical products and client infrastructure. You will collaborate with several cross functional partners across design, product, data, research and other engineering teams to help build a better Netflix on Android. Some qualities we're looking for -
Work with other senior, high performing engineers and leaders where you will be constantly challenged by novel problems. We pay top of market with excellent benefits. Help evolve the way people watch content online. The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily.
Don’t Just Build Tech. Change Tech
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Every day, our technologists enable our
customers around the globe to achieve their goals. They build and deliver American
Express infrastructure and applications across all markets and business units. To meet
these demands, we’re looking for problem solvers who can inspire change through
detailed analysis and programming methodologies, individuals with a strong intellectual
curiosity and a passion for innovation, and teammates who can convert their ideas into
Learn more about our Technology development programs: the Engineering Development Program and the Technology Rotation Program.
Join the team and make an impact right away
● Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve
existing needs and predict future challenges
● Write code with one or more programming languages (e.g., Java,
● Function as a core member of an agile team working on API specs,
conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of
● Build and develop new customer-facing applications on multiple channels
like native iOS, Android, web, social integration and Java services/APIs
● Implement web-enabled systems for data collection
We have the know-how, technology and global reach to make nearly any idea a
reality. All that's missing is you!
Do you meet the below requirements?
● Passion for technology
● Ability to find opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
● Hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
● Ability to effectively connect with internal and external business partners
● Creative, collaborative, and curious problem solver
● Capable of working well in and contributing to a team environment
A bonus if you have these:
● Experience in developing products or projects either in an academic,
professional or personal setting
● Some entry level software development experience or creative experience
● A technical background is beneficial but not required. We are looking for
passionate, fast learners willing to take on new challenges, more than
specific technical experience.
● Must earn Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or other technical subject area by June 2021
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our application deadline is November 15th and our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th
About The Role
As an engineer on Mobile Foundations & Dev Experience team, you'll work on the frameworks & tools used by Uber's large mobile development community. We empower developers to quickly iterate on features and ship reliable & modern mobile apps on a massive scale!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
PIN on Mobile is a transformative technology, which will lead to a massive expansion in mobile acceptance devices. Point-of-sale terminals and PIN entry mPOS devices will be replaced by everyday smartphones and tablets running secure payment software. This has only been made possible by the card scheme security council (PCI) publishing a new standard on how PIN can be securely captured by a smartphone or tablet. This new standard is known as Software-based PIN Entry on COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf); SPoC, or also known as PIN on Mobile.
MYPINPAD is industry recognised as one of the leading experts in this extremely complex field having invested over 6 years and millions of pounds in defining, developing, and enabling PIN entry capability on a smartphone or tablet. Utilising a standard PIN pad image (not scrambled), ensures seamless customer adoption, while in-built support for the visually impaired delivers a fully inclusive solution.
A number of key industry partnerships have been forged and contracts have been signed to deploy this cutting edge technology across the globe.
The market opportunity is huge with the card scheme predicting market growth to be in the region of 300 million acceptance points in the next 5 years.
The primary purpose and scope of the Android Developer is to help develop and support existing MYPINPAD products. Working with the Android Development Team, Services Development Team and UX Team, the Android Developer will be a passionate app developer who enjoys a technical challenge.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Help maintain existing MYPINPAD packages, and design and develop new ones
• Help maintain and support existing MYPINPAD apps
• Develop unit, integration, and interface tests
• Participate in reviews of new and modified code
• Help identify and document issues, and troubleshoot and fix those reported by others
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Experience with designing and writing unit tests, using version control systems and using continuous integration solutions
• Experience developing Android apps using Java / Kotlin
• A solid understanding of key Android APIs and components, including those relating to user-interfaces, network communications, inter-app communication, permissions, and security
• Be familiar with, or have some experience with: The C language, NDK, cryptography
• Be inquisitive and enjoy investigating how things work, and why
• Enjoy communicating ideas and insights; this will manifest itself in personal communication and in the code and documentation you create
• Has an interest in scaling CI/CD and improving Ops flow
• Enjoying creating a polished UI matching exacting specification
About SureSwift Capital:
SureSwift Capital is a fast-growing investment firm with a diversified digital portfolio.We're entrepreneurial and hard-working, and it shows. Over the past 4 years, we've acquired and grown over 30 companies, including SaaS, subscription box, and content businesses.
If you're interested in helping successful small companies become remarkable big companies, we should talk.
SureSwift Capital is currently seeking a remote Android - Kotlin Developer. The person in this role will work on Android - Kotlin development projects for SureSwift Capital products.
The duties of the Android - Kotlin Developer will include:
Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment
Work on features and projects as assigned by Development Leads and Product Managers
Development of new features
Maintenance of existing features
Collaboration with cross-functional, agile teams
Contributions of ideas to improve the product
Knowledge of REST
An awareness of app behavior and display differences across various device types
Excellent communication skills
2-5 years of Android - Kotlin development
Experience working in an entrepreneurial/startup environment
Experience working with remote teams
Compensation varies with experience and qualifications. This job is a remote / work from home contract position up to 20 hours per week.