BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
PIN on Mobile is a transformative technology, which will lead to a massive expansion in mobile acceptance devices. Point-of-sale terminals and PIN entry mPOS devices will be replaced by everyday smartphones and tablets running secure payment software. This has only been made possible by the card scheme security council (PCI) publishing a new standard on how PIN can be securely captured by a smartphone or tablet. This new standard is known as Software-based PIN Entry on COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf); SPoC, or also known as PIN on Mobile.
MYPINPAD is industry recognised as one of the leading experts in this extremely complex field having invested over 6 years and millions of pounds in defining, developing, and enabling PIN entry capability on a smartphone or tablet. Utilising a standard PIN pad image (not scrambled), ensures seamless customer adoption, while in-built support for the visually impaired delivers a fully inclusive solution.
A number of key industry partnerships have been forged and contracts have been signed to deploy this cutting edge technology across the globe.
The market opportunity is huge with the card scheme predicting market growth to be in the region of 300 million acceptance points in the next 5 years.
The primary purpose and scope of the Android Developer is to help develop and support existing MYPINPAD products. Working with the Android Development Team, Services Development Team and UX Team, the Android Developer will be a passionate app developer who enjoys a technical challenge.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Help maintain existing MYPINPAD packages, and design and develop new ones
• Help maintain and support existing MYPINPAD apps
• Develop unit, integration, and interface tests
• Participate in reviews of new and modified code
• Help identify and document issues, and troubleshoot and fix those reported by others
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Experience with designing and writing unit tests, using version control systems and using continuous integration solutions
• Experience developing Android apps using Java / Kotlin
• A solid understanding of key Android APIs and components, including those relating to user-interfaces, network communications, inter-app communication, permissions, and security
• Be familiar with, or have some experience with: The C language, NDK, cryptography
• Be inquisitive and enjoy investigating how things work, and why
• Enjoy communicating ideas and insights; this will manifest itself in personal communication and in the code and documentation you create
• Has an interest in scaling CI/CD and improving Ops flow
• Enjoying creating a polished UI matching exacting specification
About SureSwift Capital:
SureSwift Capital is a fast-growing investment firm with a diversified digital portfolio.We're entrepreneurial and hard-working, and it shows. Over the past 4 years, we've acquired and grown over 30 companies, including SaaS, subscription box, and content businesses.
If you're interested in helping successful small companies become remarkable big companies, we should talk.
SureSwift Capital is currently seeking a remote Android - Kotlin Developer. The person in this role will work on Android - Kotlin development projects for SureSwift Capital products.
The duties of the Android - Kotlin Developer will include:
Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment
Work on features and projects as assigned by Development Leads and Product Managers
Development of new features
Maintenance of existing features
Collaboration with cross-functional, agile teams
Contributions of ideas to improve the product
Knowledge of REST
An awareness of app behavior and display differences across various device types
Excellent communication skills
2-5 years of Android - Kotlin development
Experience working in an entrepreneurial/startup environment
Experience working with remote teams
Compensation varies with experience and qualifications. This job is a remote / work from home contract position up to 20 hours per week.