With our strong brands GMX, WEB.DE and mail.com and over 42 million active users, we are the leading email and communications platform in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. From this strong market position, services and apps are developed that simplify users' digital lives - from office tools and cloud solutions to personal ID management.
We develop the most successful email and cloud services in Germany - GMX and WEB.DE - and are currently looking for a Lead Android Developer. As a member of the agile Android Mobile Development team (10 people), your work will be geared to advancing the worldwide success of our products. By deploying and utilizing leading-edge technologies, you will be designing and developing new functionalities for more than 10 million of domestic GMX, WEB.DE, as well as mail.com Android users worldwide. You will have the opportunity to take advantage of "slack" days where you can try out new technologies, develop pet projects, work with open-source projects and thereby actively improve your knowledge and skills.
- You will further develop our email and cloud apps in Kotlin while following clean code principles.
- You will create automated Unit Tests and Integration Tests as part of the development workflow.
- You will take responsibility for driving various technical topics.
- You will deliver high-quality code and contribute your know-how by the way of code reviews, technical discussions, and Proof of Concept projects.
- You will enrich our products with your own ideas, implement new features for our customers, and will keep our Apps up to date with the latest technologies and architectural approaches while working in an agile environment.
Have you completed a technical degree or comparable work experience? Are you interested in becoming part of our english speaking, agile Android team and are keen to make use of new technologies? Are you driven to deliver outstanding apps and features? Are you showing a "hands-on" work attitude? In that case, we’re looking to receive your application.
- Your core competencies are in the Android development where you have gained at least six years of experience.
- You have outstanding knowledge of software design and architecture, develop preferably in Kotlin and you are familiar with Android libraries (e.g. Architecture Components, Coroutines, Jetpack Compose, OAuth 2.0, Dagger …) and latest Android versions.
- You are interested in new technologies, you are creative and open for discussions to improve our apps.
- You have great communication skills and enjoy working together with different disciplines.
- You are used to work independently, and welcome working in a multinational Scrum team.