About the Team
The ChatGPT team works across research, engineering, product, and design to bring OpenAI’s technology to the world.
We seek to learn from deployment and distribute the benefits of AI, while ensuring that this powerful tool is used responsibly and safely. Safety is more important to us than unfettered growth.
About the Role
We are looking for our founding Android engineers. In this role, you will build rich, mobile-first experiences that bring the power of our latest models to Android users. You will work closely with our product, design, and research teams to design, iterate, and help define the next generation of AI-driven interfaces. You will also lay the technical foundation for future mobile development at OpenAI.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain the first set of Android products built internally on top of OpenAI models
- Partner closely with our product design team to prototype and iterate on new experiences
- Plan and deploy mobile platform infrastructure necessary to build, test, and deploy these products
- Create a diverse and inclusive culture that makes all feel welcome while enabling radical candor and the challenging of group think
- Work with Product Managers and leadership to ensure projects are on track, your team is utilized effectively, and core engineering needs are continuously addressed
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have experience building production software systems at scale, including building production Android apps at scale.
- Are comfortable building complex applications and systems from the ground up, with limited development infrastructure available to you.
- Have a voracious and intrinsic desire to learn and fill in missing skills. An equally strong talent for sharing that information clearly and concisely with others
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and rapidly changing conditions. You view changes as an opportunity to add structure and order when necessary
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
The annual salary range for this role is $200,000 – $370,000. Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link