The Berliner Philharmoniker is looking for a Senior Android Developer to join the Digital Concert Hall team at Berlin Phil Media GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of the Berliner Philharmoniker Foundation. The Digital Concert Hall (digitalconcerthall.com) is the leading international video streaming platform for classical music concerts, documentaries and interviews.
We produce high quality concert videos and distribute live and on-demand streaming for a broad range of technical platforms (web, mobile, smart tv, set top boxes). The Digital Concert Hall is a paid service with exclusive content, available globally with client interfaces in six languages. The team responsible for the service is in charge of the whole value chain from content production to distribution. We own the complete tech stack and aim to be on the forefront of technical developments in areas that matter to the service.
As Senior Android Developer you join our growing product team of creative Developers, Product and UX/UI Designers at Berlin Phil Media to take the development of our current Android Mobile / Android TV apps over from the current, external team. The position is planned with 40 or 32h per week, either full time on-site or remote with the possibility to work on-site for at least six days per month.
Where we need your help
- Be responsible for the highly rated and valued Android app of the Digital Concert Hall https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.novoda.dch
- Development for the mobile app is fully native with Kotlin/Java, development scope for Android TV and Fire TV is the existing Kotlin/Java wrapper that embeds our existing cross platform HTML/JS app for big screens
- Fast adoption of new technologies
- Focus on premium user experience as well as high code quality
- Manage the product roadmap and UI/UX decisions
What would set you up for success
- You’re a team-player who wants to build a world-class experience for our users
- Extensive experience in developing testable, performant and maintainable Android apps as part of a team
- Experience developing with Java and Kotlin
- Knowledge of modern software patterns like MVVM, Coordinators, Functional Reactive Programming (e.g. RXJava)
- Understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Current knowledge of the capabilities of different Android API levels
- Eager to learn and improve your skills
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Fluent German (both written and spoken)
- Basic knowledge of streaming technologies
- Competitive salary and flexible working conditions
- Work with very talented people on a product that delivers some of the best performing arts content to a very enthusiastic user base
- You shape a unique global service together with a small but powerful team
- A nice working environment at Potsdamer Platz in Berlin
- The tech equipment you need to produce your best work
- Possibility to attend or speak on conferences
- An attractive world-class employer
HOW TO APPLY?
We know that experience comes in many forms, several skills are transferable. Apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for. Passion goes a long way!
Please use "DCH8AU7D" on https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/tickets
to redeem a free 7 day access to the Digital Concert Hall.
Berlin Phil Media GmbH, a subsidiary of the Berliner Philharmoniker Foundation, is responsible for the international media distribution of the Berliner Philharmoniker’s concerts on the streaming platform the Digital Concert Hall, as part of the institutional access Digital Concert Hall for Institutions, through the in-house label Berliner Philharmoniker Recordings, and for the Berliner Philharmoniker’s concert broadcasts live in cinemas.