MLB is looking for Android Engineers for our MLB App
team in NYC. We are looking for developers that are passionate about working on some of the most popular sports applications available on a mobile device. Since its inception in 2001, the tech arm of Major League Baseball has been renowned for creating mobile experiences that baseball fans love - and we're just getting started!
The MLB App
is the #1 source for live baseball on mobile devices and is the official app of Major League Baseball. As an Android Engineer on the MLB App
team your primary responsibilities will be to write clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, and to be a technical leader in shaping the app in the years to come!
- Work with the latest Android technologies, including Kotlin, Coroutines, Flows, Ktor, Jetpack Compose, and many other Jetpack libraries.
- Build a contextual fan experience that is unique to each fan within the application.
- Work with a team of engineers to architect, improve, and implement cutting-edge features into the application to enhance a fan’s experience while attending a ballgame.
- Work closely with the product management team to design new features integrated into the application.
- Own portions of the Android codebase. You will be given the resources, support, and autonomy to drive solutions.
- Work closely with the iOS and backend services teams to create technical solutions that work across both platforms.
- Help shape the way fans interact with baseball with machine learning, augmented reality, virtual reality, voice control, and more!
- Receive amazing benefits - you get 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Passionate about developing Android applications
- Passionate about testing all aspects of the application
- An avid learner, independent with excellent problem-solving skills
- Whether you’re a baseball fan or not, we hope you enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems and building products used by millions!
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $135,000 to $175,000.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!